Subject: Re: [Leica] Grey Zone
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 13:02:57 -0700

Anthony Atkielski wrote:
><Snip>
> Not knowing the zone system does not seem to have handicapped too many
> photographers.
>
>   -- Anthony

What you don't know can't hurt you!!!!?
Having a grasp on zone system techniques as taught by Arnold Gassan gave be a
handle on what I am doing with a camera.
Also in my very first photo job doing black and white printing in a lab the
language that was spoken was Zone system.
I would have no Ideal what I was being told to do if I hadn't crammed for 3 days
with my college textbook which was the Gassan.
I might have been falling asleep standing on my feel but when they said print
the pants at zone three I knew they wanted just discernible dark detail (jddd)
in the pants.
Mark Rabiner