Subject: Re: [Leica] Film suggestions for extremely lowlightexperiments?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 16:36:26 -0500

At 10:07 PM 9/26/99 +0200, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>I have no problem maintaining 85F process temperature
>with my Jobo processor, but my wash water is about 20F lower. Do you think I
>will have problems with that?

Well, it might "enhance" the grain some. A change in temperature has a
tendency to do that. It just depends on how good the emulsion is. It seems
pretty drastic change. Why is your wash temperature so low? Can you adjust
it? If it will stay within 5 degrees, you wouldn't have to worry if it
varies some. I'd try to avoid that kind of drop in temperature.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Maniac: An early computer built by nuts...