Subject: Re: [Leica] Drive By Shooting
From: Patrick Giagnocavo <a222@redrose.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 14:02:51 +0000

Michael Bell wrote:
> He uses point and shoot cameras with "really nice Zeiss lenses" according
> to the report.  I'm not sure what camera that would be.  What he used
> looked like any old black point and shoot.  He's gone through a few already
> having dropped a couple out of the window of his cab and having spilled too
> much food on some.

This could well be either the Yashica T4/T5, or one of the Contax
pocket cameras (similar to Minilux et al), or even a Contax G
system.

One version of the Yashica camera has both a normal viewfinder, and
a waist-level viewfinder as well.

> He seemed to take photographs so naturally and effortlessly.  Even when he
> snapped pictures of those in the back of his cab the people usually did not
> know he was taking their picture.

Hey, it's New York City - people probably didn't notice!  It didn't
look like a weapon, so people didn't think about it.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
a222@redrose.net