Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Grey Zone - Zone system isn't hard, or time consuming
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 08:51:46 -0500

At 09:59 PM 9/26/99 -0700, Jim Brick wrote:
>If you
>think too long, the decisive moment will be gone.

Yep, but my point is that people think the Zone System gets in the way. The
problem with that idea is that it's not sitting around calculating a bunch
of numbers that takes time. It's just like any other exposure "system" one
might think up after it's assimilated. It's just as intuitive, quick, and
has the benefit of being more precise than most, and more repeatable than
shooting without any standardized calibration. The way people are
characterizing it here, and elsewhere, scares a lot of people from even
looking into it. That doesn't need to be the case. That's been my point.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"The "C" students run the world."  - Harry S. Truman