Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica newbie/wannabe, Cosina 107-SW
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 08:37:06 -0700

You might consider an M4-P over the IIIf. That way you can use all the
more currend M bayonet lenses and LTM lenses with an adapter, have a much
better/more accurate viewfinder and rangefinder. Prices are not that
different from a good user IIIf to a good user M4-P in my experience.

I don't have the Voigtlander Bessa-L or Skopar 25mm lens, my impression
is that they're quite good. I did buy one of the Heliar 15 lenses and
have been using it on my Leica CL with an LTM to M bayonet adapter. I'm
very impressed with it, it gives the Zeiss Hologon 16 a serious run for
the money. The Zeiss lens is ultimately a better performer, but the
difference is smaller than the 4x price differential would suggest. I
have a set of pages dedicated to comparing results between these two
lenses on my website.

Godfrey
 <http://www.bayarea.net/~ramarren/>