Subject: Re: [Leica] Zone blues
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:29:37 -0700

Bernard wrote:

> Anthony Atkielski wrote:
>
> > > ZS is only a formal way of saying 'expose for the shadows,
> > > develop for the highlights' ...
> >
> > I have no control over development.  I can only control exposure.
>
> I can't believe you don't have the money (as you have stated) for
> pro-processing of your film. It should cost a few bucks per roll only,
> and they'll let you dictate what chemicals to use, at what temperature
> etc etc. Or they will go through some qualified path of trial and error
> to see what works for you. ><Snip>

Yes!! pushing slides adds contrast to them and pulling does the opposite. So we
do have control over our slides and some people do have their color negs
developed differently as well.

But what I have mainly in mind that this reminds me of is a color slides direct
printing class that I took.
The teacher felt teaching fill flash to control contrast part of the course.
You had to show this kind of contrast control in your final work to pass the class.
Mark Rabiner