Subject: Re: [Leica] Another Scala question...
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:31:19 +0100

I just picked up my first roll of Scala slides this afternoon. They look fine,
no scratches or any other blemishes. I have not had time to study them on the
lighttable with a loupe yet, but the cursory glance is promising. I asked the
guy at the lab about the processing, and it sounded fairly standard, comparable
to C41 or E6 processing, except that there is a controlled (obviously) exposure
to light during the process.

Nathan

mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com wrote:

> Well, I'll say this much about the*special* processing.
>
> My entire roll of Scala came back with minute dotted scratches on uppermost
> part of the frame; the only such roll out of a mix of 24 that I shot during
> the same period.  Having had extensive 35mm lith work with a dry-to-dry
> dental processor, it looks as though the transport scrim was slipping a
> small amount during the dip and dunk process.
>
> I wasn't real pleased about that.
>
> /Mitch

- --
Nathan Wajsman