Subject: Re: [Leica] The cost of consumables
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:47:48 EDT

In a message dated 9/27/99 5:29:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com writes:

<<  I am also under no illusions that I could, as a
 hobbyist, do anything that requires skill development and maintenance nearly
 as well as someone who does it 2000 hours a year.

 I'm making one exception to this - a digital darkroom.  And if the system
 proves out, I may switch to chromes and scan/print without needing the
 proofing stage.   >>

I built a darkroom in my parents' basement when I was a teenager, and as much
as I enjoyed building it is how much I hated working in it.  I used to think
it was the smell or something, but recently I set up a digital darkroom and
found that I hate that, too.  I like being outdoors making pictures and I'm
glad there are those who like being indoors working in a darkroom because we
keep each other happy and prosperous.

DT