Subject: Re: [Leica] Zone blues
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:51:38 +0200

From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 23:03

> You are absolutely right I thought we were talking C-41.

They seem to do well on C-41, too--provided that you need only negatives, not
prints.  However, since I scan everything, and now that I've successfully
configured my scanner to scan slides, I do everything on slides now--mainly
because they are easier to sort on the light table, and they do seem to look a
bit better when scanned.

> Just as long as you know these people don't scratch up
> your slides as in mounting them when they are still wet!

Ah, but I get them unmounted, in 4-exposure strips.  Since I scan them directly,
I don't need for them to be mounted.  I sort them in their plastic sleeves,
maybe look at a few with a loupe on my tiny light table, pick what I want to
scan, and scan away.  The rest is in the digital realm.

  -- Anthony