Subject: Re: [Leica] Focus woes
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 02:37:18 -0300

Dave:

One other not in addition to my previous post.  Check the mounting flange
on the camera to ensure the screws are tight.  I had the screws loosen up
on a camera that I had the 180 mounted to and luckly nocticed a bit of play
and tightend them up with a screwdriver I had in my bag.

Regards,

Robert

At 12:24 AM 9/28/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, I got my 180mmf2 back last Monday from Leica NJ. Leica did a nice job.
>
>My first assignment(s) I decided to use it for were volleyball and some night
>football. One request I had was to get some shots of the new coach who is 7-8
>months pregnant and very camera shy. During the match I just located
myself at
>the end of the bench area and fired away. I was no more than 15-20 feet away.
>Shooting at 1/125 and f2, I latched the focuse to her eyebrows. I was
using my
>R5 with the matte screeen. I was very impressed on being able to focus on
>individual hairs in her eyebrows and eyelashes. I was using a monopod and
>oriented the camera vertical to use the front release on the R-motor.
Everything