Subject: Re: [Leica] scanning Leica slides vs colorneg
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:41:12 -0700

Thanks for the added information, Henning. I have no experience using the
Nikon LS-2000 or Polaroid Sprintscan 4000, I was responding to the
subject from a theoretical basis. As I stated, my scanner is the older
model Polaroid Sprintscan 35E/S, which was in my evaluation the best
scanner for my purposes that I could afford at the time I bought it
almost 4 years ago.

I didn't see your comparative report ... since the archives seem to be
non-functional at present, I'd like to see it if you still have it handy
somewhere to send.

Certainly, the buyer of scanning equipment must be wary of getting what
they need to do the job they have in mind. Test, test and test again to
be sure you get a machine that does the job you need!

Godfrey