Subject: [Leica] re: The cost of consumables
From: Neil Frankish <nfrnkish@dux4.tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:48:12 +0100

I know this point well. The answer must be DIY. For myself, I shoot B&W.
I'm looking into bulk film (or buying preloaded cassettes in bulk when i
finally settle on a combination I like) at the moment, but otherwise I
develop the films at home and just recently have started doing the contact
sheets at home too. It takes very little in the  way of resources. When I
have enough negs worth printing, I hire the Gallery's darkroom for an
afternoon.

A friend in the same boat does his own colour slide film, only mounts the
keepers and scans them if he wants a print.

All of this done in the bathroom.

Neil.