Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica AF-CI
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:26:39 +0100

Dear Dubb, or is that Mr/Mrs/Miss(?) Ditto,
The AF C1 is seen as something of a 'black sheep of the (Leica) family', I
reckon. The first Leica to be created in plastic as a very downmarket item
for the company by another manufacturer.
Because of this, prices are low. Because of technology, the design had no
great staying power as improvements could be made quickly. Because of this
there were not many made before a revised camera was introduced. With the
low cost of production, the cost of repairing any faults is often not
justified, replacement with a new camera is frequently cheaper, because of
this there are fewer each year.
With all this going for it, in my eyes, it's future collectible!

Jem