Subject: Re: [Leica] Zone blues
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 22:31:46 +0200

I too have noticed that prices of photo equipment are higher in France
than in most other places. I frankly do not understand why the French do
not shop for their Leicas in, say, Germany, and enjoy the very
considerable savings. Unless of course the French shops provide such great
customer service that people are willing to pay a 30% price premium for
it. Somehow I doubt it.

Nathan

Bernard wrote:

> Jean-Claude Berger wrote:
>
> > Prices are very high; a new M6 costs $3000 (body only)
>
> I wouldn't take AA's word for it, but now that you say it, I have to
> ask. How come it's that expensive? That's 50% more than the US price.
> Even if you disregard the $400 eternal rebate, then it's still way and
> way too much. Are the French being protective of their non-existent
> camera industry?
>
> Bernard.

- --
Nathan Wajsman