Subject: [Leica] [leica] lug commentary
From: FSilberman@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:51:56 EDT

Ted wrote:

>>It's my humble feeling, if this Leica conversation vehicle, __read LUG__
were limited to only "absolutely narrow line Leica things" I can't imagine
what they'd talk about 365 days of the year, let alone three days straight!<<

Yes, very true.

Sometimes better threads are off topic.

And I do think many a time....there's much rubble out there, but the gems
make up for it.

Anyway, as other have duly noted, there areoptions out there– with the lug
digest you can pick & choose your interests & do a search to track them down.
With the digest listing topics, the more the merrier, makes it easy to find
the topics which draw from your personal interests.

What is great about this list is the diversity of opinion from all walks of
life. This diversity engenders good & bad:) I've found new interests &
discovered things I never knew I hated. Techn stuff is ok (& I have learned
much, thank you), but it's the human interest stories that add the
flavouring. The spice which keeps me coming back on & off to see what's
happening on the lug. Harrison, Donal & many others keep things interesting
for me...with assignment stories & other tid bits. (an example a few days
back was the coverage about the hs students).
It would get old pretty fast if the lug was "solely" about lenses & camera
bodies day in & day out. After a while you learn more than you need to know
about those aspects to last an M6 lifetime.

Cheers,

Frederic