Subject: [Leica] LHSA; Chicago (Film Choices)
From: "Jim Licquia" <licquia@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 23:33:45 -0500

Javier,

I live in the Chicago area and am a member of the Chicago Art Institute. The
lighting in most of the galleries in the daytime is very good due to the
design of the building which makes good use of skylights. Any film in the
Iso 200 and up range should be suitable with f2 or 2.8 lenses. In general,
the lighting is much better than the Louvre's, which is overwhelmingly
artificial light except in the major stairwells which have window exposure.
Photo shooting is permitted in all of the galleries of the Art Institute but
use of flash or tripods is not permitted.

The museum is renowned for its Impressionist collection which is the largest
and most complete of any museum in the world with the exception of the
Musee' D'Orsay in Paris. On the basement level are major exhibitions of
single photographer's works; Irving Penn recently but gone now.

I look forward to meeting you and other LUGers later this month at LHSA.

Jim Licquia
River Forest, IL

From: Doc748@aol.com
Subject: [Leica] Anybody from South Florida going?

Dear LUGnuts,

I will be attending my first LHSA Annual meeting in Chicago this year, and I
was wondering if there were LUGnuts in the South Florida area who will
participate as well.  I would like to set up a meeting in a suitable locale
(Miami, Fort Lauderdale, etc.) to get to know each other before our trip to
Chicago (please e-mail me privately).

On the topic of choice of films, I usually shoot Fuji RDP II and Kodak
Tri-X.
 I would like to ask the esteemed members of the LUG who are from the area,
if this color choice is adequate for indoor shots at the Chicago Art
Institute or would you recommend something else.  I just returned from a two
weeks trip to Europe and at the Louvre and the museum in Florence where they
exhibit David (I forgot its name) RDP II was adequate.

Thank you very much in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,

Javier Montiel
Coral Gables, Florida

P.S.  I hope to meet some of you at the annual meeting