Subject: Re: [Leica] Paris Rain
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 23:10:25 -0700

csocolow wrote:

> Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> >
> > It has been raining for a week, and I've been unable to go outside to shoot
> > anything.  I am unwilling to let rain pour down onto my camera.
> >
> > If the sun ever comes back out, I'll do that.
> > If current weather patterns persist, I'll be lucky to get through ten rolls in a
> > year.  I've only shot four rolls thus far.
> >
> >   -- Anthony
>
> Anthony, the effects of rain in photography can not be overstated.
> Sunshine is easy. I love photographing in Paris (or anywhere) in the
> rain. Great reflections><Snip>
> Carl Socolow
Wet streets are where it's at! Ask any cinematographer. A Beautiful day can be
visually unstimulating and brain deadening. Give me weather and lots of it! Just
look at Ansel Adams! That's changes in the weather but I'm close. The stuff I've
been printing has all been bad weather city stuff for days.
I like a raincoat Long. With long sleeves that go over my camera. I lift up my
arm and my camera appears.
Mark Rabiner