Subject: Re: [Leica] LEICA STORY
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 06:06:39 -0700

Pete Groh wrote:

Thanks Pete,

We are supposed to have 800+ members, so where are all the "LEICA" feel
good stories of this nature? Some folks in here could take some "LEICA"
lesons from Pete!

Maybe if we had more of this "informational good feeling Leica" stories
we'd be a much better related family.

Nice one Pete and it illustrates just how nice and comfortable a Leica
photographer can be if they are out, "taking pictures instead of bitching!

ted

>Ted, who I don't know but have come to admire after reading his
>posts over the past 6 months or so, asked the other day if anyone
>had any "Leica stories."
>
>Well, here's a short one:
>
> We've made a half dozen or so vacation trips
>to Maine, almost alway along U.S. 1, over the past 10 years. Usually
>wind up at Bar Harbor and spend a lot of time prowling about in
>Acadia National Park.
>
>Each time, I would grab a Lightware case and load it up with Canon and
>Nikon bodies and lens that I use to shoot pro sports. I would
>load the case in trunk -- and that's usually where it would stay for
>most of the vacation. Just no fun getting that heavy stuff out
>and carrying it around. Too much like working a NFL sideline.
>
>This year, I took a different approach.  I only packed an M2 that
>I have had for years, a 50mm 2.8 collapsible Elmar lens and a bunch
>of film.
>
>And this time, I made pictures. What a difference, having such
>a lightweight outfit on your shoulder. You barely know it's there.
>It made picture-taking fun.
>
>And the little Leica meter on top did its job adequately.
>
>Nice images -- all in black in white. Sharp, well exposed --
>and all with that certain smooth quality about them that only Leica
>lens seem capable of producing.
>
>So there, Ted, that's my little story.
>
>Pete Groh
>Ohio