Subject: Re: [Leica] Local photo shop
From: "Paul Klingaman" <pklingaman@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:40:59 GMT

What a great idea!  I must admit that I good shop is hard to find.  I've
been to nearly all camera shops in the greater Boston area, and find the
folks at Campus Camera and Calumet photographic in Cambridge(Same company)
to be the most friendly, helpful and respectful of anyone.  In terms of
Leica bodies and lenses, I usually buy privately, as I can't find a single
exceptional dealer here!  Also pleasant to deal with are some of the people
over at Newtenville Camera, in Newton(in particular, a gentleman named,
"Smitty").  On the negative, I'd resist the urge to visit Hunt's in Melrose.
  On 2 seperate occasions, I've phoned to check on the availability on an
item, only to find that after the 30 minute drive the item was actually not
in stock.  The salespersons are also mediocre in terms of knowledge.
Absolutely stay away from Park Square Camera in Boston.  If anyone is
interested, there is also a service on www.photo.net called "neighbor to
neighbor" that lists users comments about various dealers.

- -Paul Klingaman