Subject: Re: [Leica] Loupe help
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:46:41 +0200

Gary,

In my view, the more magnification the better. My maine loupe is the Schneider
6x, which was the strongest one I could find that also covered the entire 35mm
format. I use it to look at slides on the light table and also sometimes
negatives. Occasionally, I take my Horizon 10x loupe, but it does not cover the
entire negative or slide.

Nathan

"Gary D. Whalen" wrote:

>     I presently shoot 35mm (Leica obviously) and 4 x 5.  I own a Rodenstock
> 4x loupe and a Kenko 9x (BIG mistake).  What I need help on is replacing my
> Kenko.   Do I need to go to a 6x, 7x, 8x or 9x to do some fine examinations
> of my 35mm.  I  am very happy with the Rodenstock 4x because it is crystal
> clear and covers the entire 35mm format.  However, I want another loupe that
> will cover a larger area AND have more magnifiction. Is this possible?
>
>     I am not interested in a Schneider vs Rodenstock war, I just want to know
> what magnification to go to and which brands (good or bad) people have
> experience using.   Thanks.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium