Subject: Re: [Leica] Americans?
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 10:05:06 +1000

Look, I don't really see what all the US bashing is good for. It is amazing
how other countries (South and Middle  American , some European and quite a
few Asian and African) constantly, these days, have  great joy in complaining
about the US American ways.
These countries however are the first, to ask and often demand help, when a
catastrophe occurs. Be it nature or economical. The first one to help
normally is the US. No question about this.
Without the USA. the world as we know it would be in total chaos. Just look
at the areas in the world, where the USA has not much of a present. The
result: Total mayhem.

Further, Without the USA, none of you guys would be sitting here on your
computers and  send mail to each other. And the worst thing: Without the USA.
Germany with
its "great Dictator" would be ruling now.
Without the US help, after the second world war, half the European population
would
have probably starved.

There is nothing to be say against some light harted comments and digs about
each others countries like most on the LUG are doing , but some people are
serious about this. That's the part I am objecting to

Finally: What other country produced Marylin Monroe and even Monica?

Regards, Horst Schmidt