Subject: [Leica] Leica CL
From: "Nicholas Ragovis" <ragovisn@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 01:28:21 -0400

Hi,
I have an old Leica CL that I've been given, along with its two lenses.
Physically it seems to be in very good shape, but the camera doesn't work at
all.  The shutter won't trip, the film advance lever is loose and won't turn
the film rod, and the meter won't meter (except the battery checks out as
ok).  Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem, and how expensive
it should be to fix (I am currently awaiting the estimate from Pro Photo in
New York, and would like to have some idea of price)?  Could it be that the
film advance needs to be cocked to operate the shutter and metering, and
that there is a problem with the advance so the other two things don't work?

Thanks,
Nick