Subject: Re: [Leica] I'm back (with humor)
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 10:41:07 +0300

Pascal wrote:

> The two American men have formed a joint-venture to start an island
> food distribution company and are collaborating on cornering the
> coconut market, while the American woman keeps bitching about her body
> being her own, the true nature of feminism, how she can do anything
> the men can do, about the need for spiritual fulfilment, the equal
> division of household chores, how her last boyfriend respected her
> opinion and treated her much nicer and how her relationship with her
> mother is improving. But at least the taxes are low and there is
> enough shade that her complexion is not suffering unduly.

Bill Erfurth doesn't think it's funny and won't take a joke for a joke.
Therefore I'll comment that apart from being a nice joke, it's a nicely
accurate reflection of what the US is or aspires to be. And that's not
to my taste. Bill, keep your newfound ways in the US, and don't tell
Belgians what they should do. Belgians pay their own bills, and deserve
a freedom of speech which you in the States seem to have long since
lost.

Bernard