Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica CL
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 06:52:38 -0700

Yes, the shutter must be cocked to allow the CL meter to function. In
addition, the advance lever needs to be pulled away from the camera body
to turn the meter circuit on. If the shutter advance mechanism isn't
functioning, both shutter and meter will not function.

Pro Photo will be more adept at telling you what it will cost for them to
fix it than I could be...

Godfrey