Subject: RE: [Leica] Americans
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 10:41:34 -0600

> At , dkgibson@hushmail.com wrote:
> >2. They are one of the last countries in the world which still execute
> >children; one of the few others being Afganistan. Although the US has
> >executed more children than Afganistan in the last few years.
>
> This is completely ludicrous. If it was happening, we would know
> about it.
> See, unlike the U.K. we have a free press.

Hmm,

I don't recall all the details, but I do recall reading a longish article
about this in Vanity Fair I think, and also on Salon.com on the internet I
think? I think the point of the article was that most Americans didn't know
it was happening. Now, having just had a big magazine clear out, I will have
to go and see if it still there...

Tim A