Subject: [Leica] Some Info on the New Voigtlander Lenses
From: Tllomag@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 13:43:02 EDT

Hello all, I joined the LUG (Digest Version)about a   month ago-this is my first post.  First for some backround.  I have been enamored with photography as an amateur for the past 25 years or so--mostly shooting with 35mm SLRs (Nikons).  I  dabble with 4X5, 2 ¼, 35mm, and Minox, but my current passion is with Leica.  I recently purchased a silver M6TTL with silver 35mm/F2 (new), 50mm/F2, 90mm/F4, 135mm/F4 (used) and two of the new Voigtlanders, the 15mm and 25mm (over the years I have owned and used an M3, M4-2, and M6).  I am also a member of the Nikon list, Nikon Manual List, and Hasselblad List.  I thought I would post some info concerning the new Voigtlander lenses.  I bought them in NY (Ken Hansen has them in stock)-the pair for $1,050 with M-Mt adapters.   Actually for an additional $100, I picked up a new Voigt Bessa body (don't think I'll use it much though) too.  The viewfinders for the Voigts are very bright and easy to use, the lenses themselves are IMO, well made and solid, easily pocketable.  I don't expect results on the par of a Leica lens, however, for focal lengths that I will use occasionally, the price was too tempting to pass up.  I will shoot a couple of rolls of slides this weekend, and will report back on the outcome probably by mid-next week.  Regards to all.
Tom Cavallo