Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Americans. Now: baby killers
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 14:06:09 EDT

Regarding whether America executes children, I guess that depends on your
definition of a child. Is an 18-year-old gang-banger a child? He is in all
those statistics that quote how many children are killed by firearms in
America each year. If that's the case then I guess we do execute children --
of course by the time the wheels of justice turn around to carrying out the
punishment, he won't be a child anymore.

Still, the fact of the matter is that America is one of the few "civilized"
nations that has the death penalty -- regardless of whether it applies to
children. We are also a country with a lot of violence. I don't think anyone
can reasonably deny that.

But try as I might, I can't think of any way to include any Leica content
into this response. Sorry.

Bob (nothing clever this time) McEowen