Subject: [Leica] Re: Americans - Take It Off-Line - NOW!
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 20:31:14 -0600

At 09:19 PM 01/10/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I find this thread much more offensive and off topic than anything anyone
>has posted here since I've been a subscriber!
>
>It has NOTHING to do with the charter of this list.

  Since when has anything had to be part of the charter of this list to be
fair game for posting on the LUG!

I thought that previous discussions regarding trolling, whining about
endless off-topic posts, and break-away LUG groups were de rigeur for the
LUG.  This newsgroup is about to self-destruct unless its subscribers
decide what are suitable and appropriate topics for discussion.

I can't believe what I have been reading here today.  What makes matters
worse, is that now there are people making provocative and bigoted postings
to the list with pseudonyms, and the angry responses are quite
understandable, given the subject matter and content of this endless dribble.