Subject: [Leica] R8 v R7
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 22:34:19 -0400

Alastair Firkin,

>>The R8 is simply the best "manual" camera I've used<<
>>.......the controls are easy to reach intuitive in nature<<

Absolute agreement! I will say it's a real difficult decision
to try to choose between the R7 & a R8. Particularly, given
the context of my specific gear & usage ;-)!

However, availability of R7s ( lack thereof ;-) may dictate
the outcome. Every place I called today did not have R7s;.
it seems they are only available in Moscow ;-)!

Thanks for your response
Tom D.