Subject: [Leica] I'm unsuscribing for a bit. LUG has become too nasty.
From: Bryant <tbryant@wizard.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 09:54:09 -0400 (EDT)

unsuscribe leica-users-digest

Bye, Luggers;

    The threads on the list are getting more than a bit stale.  America
bashing by the ignorant, railing about Anthony's Ignorance, self styled
experts who think a discussion means agreeing with them, impolitic flames...

    Not much about Leica.  Or photography.  Granted, some do occasionaly write
interesting posts.  It's not all bad.  But sorting through the 90% drivel is
boring, and lately its gotten fairly offensive.

    Even the fun off topic stuff, single malt scotch or Porsches, for
instance, is missing.

    There is, however, lots of rudeness, more fitting to a FOX channel sitcom
than a discussion of photography with some of the best equipment ever invented
for the purpose.

    I've tried a few on topic posts myself.

    It's like shouting in a hurricane.  No one even noticed.

    For those who did read my last (which was off topic, and labeled as such),
there's a fairly serious error in my post about the price of beer on the
border.  Where I said:

         and the price of a beer had climbed to the unspeakable
         price of $1.00 a pint.

    I should have said:

         and the price of a beer had climbed to the unspeakable
         price of $0.10 a pint.

   Now go figure it out!

   If you *must* know the answer, you can email me privately.

   Bye for now.

   Tom

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them knows anything about
the subject.
               -- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations.

The LUG is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea -- massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.

                -- After Gene Spafford.