Subject: [Leica] Re: M4-2 (WAS: message for Ted Grant)
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 21:15:30 +0200

Hi Noel,

I just got the Leica Manual, 15th ed. (1973) and I must say I am impressed by
the breadth and depth of its coverage. Over 500 pages, with articles by the
likes of Ansel Adams (on the Zone System) in addition to thorough coverage of
the Leicaflexes, and M4 & M5. I suspect that given that the M4-2 was produced
between 1978 and 1980, you would need the 16th or 17th edition. However, given
that the only difference between the M4 and the M4-2 is that the latter has no
self-timer, you could use any M4 instructions as well. For example, you could
get the "Instructions for the use of the Leica Camera Models M1, 2, 3 & 4",
Hove Collectors Books, ISBN 1-874707-18-9.

 Nathan

"Noel H. Charchuk" wrote:

> Back on topic, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my M4-2, about to be
> repatriated to Canada. Should have it next week, really looking forward to
> using it.
>
> Can anyone tell me if Morgan's Leica Manual specifically covered the M4-2,
> and if so, which edition, so I can begin searching for it.
>
> Regards
> Noel Charchuk

- --
Nathan Wajsman