Subject: [Leica] Epson/Photoshop help
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 09:19:54 +0200

I use the Epson 700 and Photoshop 5.02 under Win98. I have calibrated my
monitor when installing Photoshop In my eternal struggle to get the
printed colours to match what I see on the screen, I have experimented
with a couple of setting without really understanding what they do.
These settings are:

- - in the printing dialogue there is a Color Adjustment option;

- - in the Print box there is a tick box "Printer Color Management"

Intuitively, I thought that the best combination of these options would
be to set Color Adjustment to None and to leave the Printer Color
Management box unchecked. But when I do that, my output is visibly
darker than what is on the screen (and on the slide). Sometimes this is
pleasing, but it is not accurate.

It appears that I get the closest match by selecting "Photo Realistic"
in the Color Adjustment menu and leaving Printer Color Management off.
So in a way I guess I have found a solution by trial and error, but I
would prefer to actually know what is going on in these adjustments. I
hope that some user of this software/printer combination can explain it
to me. I am quite thick when it comes to the whole area of colour spaces
etc.

TIA.

Nathan
- --