Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: So much for superiority of Leica lenses?
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 09:13:05 -0400

>> The Contax has, as you know, an electronic rather than mechanical
>> rangefinder. This part, I am told, is exacting and expensive to make when
>> compared to the electronic type. It will be interesting to see the new
>> optical rangefinder cameras out of Japan and compare them to an M
>rangefinder.
>
>Perhaps some might be manual focus electronic ones.

Perhaps. If so I'm not interested in them. I've tried electronic focusing
and found that I don't have the confidence in it to be comfortable with my
shooting. I just can't be sure that I "got the shot."

Ken Wilcox
Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>