Subject: Re: [Leica] RTFM
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 16:06:53 -0400

Also, a carefully manipulated Dremel tool with a small bit will do.
The edges of the opening may have to be smoothed out with some
very fine abrasive paper.
Or, for the truly lazy, a piece of gaffer or electrical tape will hold the
cover in place with a gap for the cord.

Roy

On 4 Oct 99, at 2:05, James R. Nelon wrote:

> That is correct. A small file or even a sharp knife did it for me. You
> need to make a small cutout for the cable to pass through so you can
> fully snap-close the cover so it stays in place and holds the cylinders
> that go in place of the batteries.
>
> Jim Nelon
>
> Lucien wrote:
> >
> > Roy Zartarian wrote:
> >
> > > Quantum has a cable for specifically for the 40 MZ flashes. It is the
> > > ME4 for the Quantum 1, XE4 for the Bantam. It is essentially a
> > > length of 2 wire cable attached to plastic cylinders with metal
> > > terminals at one end.  These cylinders go into the battery
> > > compartment of the flash. The rig is fairly simple and can probably
> > > be duplicated by someone who knows his (or her) way around a
> > > soldering gun.
> >
> > Then I understand that you had to cut the battery compartment cover.
> > Is that correct ?
> >
> > Lucien

   Roy C. Zartarian
   "A prophet is not without honor except in his
    own land and among his own people"

Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the key board. All typos are his fault.