Subject: [Leica] Could only be Leica
From: Simon Pulman-Jones <spulmanjones@lbs.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 22:29:43 -0000

Our sixteen month old daughter has been in the wars for the last week.
Tonsillitis, a cold, and teething so furious that her cheeks glow in the
dark.  Not much sleep for any of us until, at last, she fell asleep for a
long three-hour stretch this afternoon on our bed. To any eyes a beautiful
sight, but to ours....

Out with the M5, the Noctilux and some Fuji Superia 400.  Soft autumn
north-light from the window - F1 at a fifteenth, a thirtieth, a sixtieth.
It had to be quiet not to wake her (after all that time). It had to be
colour - she's blonde, we're not, we're still surprised.  Colour faster
than 400 would have been cruel to those pink, teething cheeks - made them
blotchy rather than blooming. Had to be Leica.