Subject: Re: [Leica] has the lug a future?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 16:50:19 -0500

At 08:58 AM 10/3/99 +0200, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>If Doug Herr et al. were posting their messages
>somewhere else I would not have seen them and would most likely not be a
>Leica SLR user now.

And it would seem there are some folks here (few for sure) who would be
happy with that scenario. I have no idea why there is such hostility
towards the R system. At one point in the 80s it was selling better than
the M system in North America - maybe elsewhere too, then things turned
around and the M system is now the darling of Leica. Will that always be
thus? They keep coming out with killer lenses and it could be for some time
to come I suppose. But I bet there are some R ASPH lenses coming too. If
Leica wants to keep the R system alive, they'd better.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

You can find pictures anywhere. It's simply a matter of noticing things and
organizing them. You just have to care about what's around you and have a
concern with humanity and the human comedy. 	-Elliott Erwitt, "More Joy of
Photography"