Subject: [Leica] M3 and more charismatic dealer
From: Peter Niessen <niessen@ifh.de>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:15:50 +0200 (METDST)

Dear all,

thanks to all who wrote mails about which M3 to get. Now I'm proud
owner of an M3 with all the nice features like single stroke, depth-of
- -field indicators, preview lever. I had to rubberize the eyepiece
myself (with black tape, not to scratch my glasses). It is really nice
to use with 90mm, and the emptyness compared to the 6-frame finder is
even nicer. At first it is a bit irritating that no led's flash when
touching the shutter release.

I bought this thing at Foto Gregor in Köln, a much more charismatic
dealer than the one in Berlin. It was a bit like the shows on TV:

First you'll get this fab camera, and on top of that, you'll get the
manual - but not only that - for free you'll get this really useful
3/8" to 1/4" thread converter _PLUS_ 4 weeks warranty (which I think I
have to use since the 1/1000s exposures only 5/6 of the frame).

Cheers, Peter.

P.S.
These damn collectors! I was at another dealer (Lambertin at
Appellhofplatz).
Customer: I'm looking for a single stroke M3 for ~1500DM.
Shopkeeper: We have some nice ones for ~5000DM.
Customer: I'd like to use it and not to put it to the drawer...
Shopkeeper: Yes, sometimes it's the collectors who spoil the
prices...

Peter Nießen
DESY IfH Zeuthen
Platanenallee 6