Subject: Re: [Leica] Aristo enlarger light sources
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 16:59:46 -0700

Frank Filippone wrote:

> They are THE best.  And Alan Johnson;s support is unparalleled.......
>
> You want the V54 Tube for a non VC head.  I beleive the P/N is
> BES23-HI-V54
> It means, Beseler 23 Enlarger, High Intensity Output, V54 Tube.
>
> Basically all the Beseler 23 models cost the same, this setup gets you the
> best bang for the buck... VC Paper and all.,.....
>
> Watch out for your timer, make sure it is inductive load safe.......all the
> mechanical timers are OK, and the Zone VI Compensating timer is OK.....
> digital timers may be a problem... ask the manufacturer or ask Alan if this
> is still an issue.....
>
> Frank

With the VC heads it is not an issue as Alan has put that load protection
"relay" right into the unit. Which is what you would expect for a thousand bucks
instead of a hundred bucks. I had built my own relay for my earlier non VC head
because Alan thought it was dumb for me to spend the 75 bucks on his unit so he
just game me the specs over the phone insisting I could do it. The fact that I
am not really an electronics guy and had to go into a deep meditative mind over
matter trance to glock onto the thing and figure it out is beside the point.
Mark Rabiner
The Beseler 23 all metal no plastic enlarger!!!