Subject: [Leica] Leica Lens Book
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 06:25:34 -0700

If LUGers are looking for a current book on Leica lenses, I would suggest Ghester Sartorius' new book: "Identifying Leica Lenses"
(AMPHOTO BOOKS 1999). It's a paperback, available online for around $20.00. It gives basic information on each lens including
manufacturing dates, a brief description, photo, etc.  While I have not seen a review of this book, it's been very useful to me. No
hype. Just info. Sartorius has produced a similar book on Leica Cameras which is reviewed by Erwin as follows:

Ghester Sartorius
Identifying Leica cameras
Editrice reflex, 1997 This small pocket book has all the essential information about buying and identifying Leica cameramodels. It
has a clear layout and gives all important details. The fine points of every model change or production run are best left to the
experts or you should buy the books by Giunta.

- --Gib