Subject: [Leica] Epson paper/ink question
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 07:01:16 -0700

I've noticed a number of members use Epson printers to showcase their Leica
images.  I've just started using a 750, and I was wondering what papers and
inks (other than Epson) people have had success with.  I'm interested in a
combination of image quality and archival capability.  In looking around on
the net I've found Lysonic and MIS inks, and a number of papers.  I have an
order in for a set of MIS cartidges and some Weber-Valentine 10 mil glossy
paper, and I'll probably try the new Somerset Photo Enhanced when I can find
some.  Any other suggestions or tips?

BTW, the first print I made - an 8x10 of my wife in sundown light shot with
my 35/2 ASPH - was better in some regards than the chemical print.  I knew
the printer was going to be good, but I had no idea it would be this good.
Now if I can get my wife to teach me what she knows about colour correction,
it's going to be a very enjoyable winter!

Paul Chefurka