From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 23:08:31 -0500

Mark...I'M THERE!!!  When shooting Nikon I always held shutter down. On
Canon it is with the grip up, since the release is on the grip. On the M6
shutter down. Never understood holding shutter up so that your elbow is
up above your head. Thought everyone held cameras this way back when
shooting for UPI I was always accused of holding the camera "Upside down"
on my long glass since I used Canon for my long stuff back then and the
grip release is oriented so the shutter is up. Everyboby else was shutter
down so mine were upside down.

Ah well to each his/her own.

When does the new list start?

On 10/5/99 6:21 PM Mark Rabiner wrote:

>I am also starting a list for people who hold the camera shutter down when
>making a vertical shot. We are in a minority and find we can't relate with
>these
>people who somehow feel comfortable with their cameras dangling upside
>down from
>their hand

Best regards,
Harrison McClary