Subject: RE: [Leica] Shooting Leica wide open
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 08:50:59 -0700

Eric,

With all due respect, no lens performs better wide open than stopped down.
While some may perform better than others wide open, none will ever be
better wide open than at say F8.  Most Leica lenses are adequate wide open
but incredibly sharp stopped down.  There are some lenses like those from
Pentax that are actually better resolving wide open than a Leica lens, but
they lose at F8 to Leica.  Look at any of the tests on Leica lenses, and I
think you will see what I mean.

Peter K