Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting Leica wide open
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:04:38 +0100

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>And some of the newer Aspherics if I've read Erwin correctly don't improve
>much
>at all from stopping down. You'll get more depth of field though which for me
>99.99% of the time means an improvement. But the issue is what's the point of
>buying and carrying around a fast lens if it looks like crud wide open.

Mark - unfortunately you've missed Erwin's point.

All lenses are 'better'' stopped down' than wide-open.

On the other hand, I'm quite happy with my elderly M Summilux 35/.1.4 wide
open;.

It's not the sharpest at full bore, but it's certainly very acceptable.

Pray inform me - which Leica lenses (IYHO) are 'crud' at full bore? It
would be interesting if you'd almost confirmed that you'd used them'

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
Waterfall