Subject: Re: [Leica] M's and R's
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 22:00:36 -0400

Jorge wrote:

Tina,

Thanks for your answer, any comments about the 60 macro ?, I like the size
of that lens but I donīt know much about how it compares with other R
lenses
in the 50-60 range. I know the 100 macro is  a top lens.

Thanks in advance

Jorge Saravia
<<<

Jorge,

If I may butt into this thread, I can offer a few comments about these two
macro lenses and the late-version 50mm Summicron-R.  I've been using the 60
Macro for nearly 20 years now and I've never been disappointed by its
optical performance, at any distance.  Contrast, detail, gradation, color
saturation; it's all there.  Not as good as the 100 Macro, but good enough
that I'm quite happy to use it when the 100 is too long.  The 50
Summicron-R is a fine lens but because of the 60's versatility and
exceptional quality I only use the 50 when its extra stop or smaller
size/lighter weight are primary considerations.

Doug Herr
Sacramento