Subject: Re: [Leica] noct performance 50's
From: "Ken Iisaka" <kiisaka@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 19:44:21 -0700

Some correction.

The rangefinder 50mm 1:1.4 was copy of the venerable Sonnar 1.5/50.  The SLR
50mm is Nikon's own design, from the late 70's, a double-Gaussian with 7
elements, 6 groups.

There are two versions of Nikkor 85mm 1:1.8, both of which are also of
double-Gaussian configuration.  There is the Auto Nikkor 85mm 1:1.8 and the
new AF Nikkor 85mm 1:1.8.

Ken Iisaka

Lost in Mill Valley in Marin County, California