Subject: [Leica] Thanks again, LUG help to the rescue w/HP5+
From: Aaron Ruby <aruby@rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 12:03:42 -0400

Just a brief note to express my thanks for I just souped some HP5+ I
shot with my newish pre-asph 35 summicron (purchased from Rich Pinto,
great dealer). I had my Sekonic 308 set to expose for ISO 320 rather
than 400 and developed the film 10% longer than I had been in XTOL. All
modifications suggested by fellow LUGers. I also used fresh XTOL. The
results were infinitely more satisfying. I am now really psyched about
this film/developer combo. It's gorgeous!

Now, at the risk of being a pest, I'd like to ask if anyone has an
estimate of how much more development is necessary to compensate for
diluting XTOL to 1+1. Some LUGers mentioned they do this. The obvious
benefit is economy. What are the costs? For those who use XTOL
undiluted, do you use it more than once?

By the way, I hope you don't mind that I applied a modified version of
your sage Leica User's Group help to negatives shot with my Holga 120s.
Miraculously, it seems to work independent of what camera the negs were
shot with. ;  )

Thanks again for all your help,

Aaron