Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Bulk Film Loaders
From: Michael Hintlian <MichaelHintlian@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 13:23:20 -0400

Using an Alden 74 bulk loader for a lot of years.  Leica M cassettes work
really well in the Alden 74.  The M  cassettes are great but heavy...try
putting 15 of them in your bag for a day.  See if you can locate Ilford
reloadable cassettes, they are like the Kodak snap caps but the cap ends go
on more securely.  Drop one of each and you will see the difference..
Freestyle in LA had them a year or so ago, check with them.

Oh, I average between 500 to 600 feet of Tri-X a month all of which is bulk
loaded and have not had a single problem with scratches.  On the other
hand, some recent factory loads of P3200 have had their share of scratches.
 Go figure.

Hope this answers the question.

MH

p.s.:  Tom A...since you and I now own most of the M cassettes in
existence, when will you convert my winders to handle them???