Subject: re: [Leica] R8 Shutter release time lag
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 21:03:24 -0500

I was just looking at a table which showed the release time lag for the EOS
1N, EOS 3, and EOS A2e.  They were 55ms, 64ms, 105ms respectively.

I looked in my R8 manual and the Leica book and could not find this figure
published for any of their cameras.  I have found the R8 to be pretty
quick, but was interested in how it compares.
<<<<<<<<<<<

From Popular Photography's test of the R8, published in their July, 1997
issue, under the heading "System Time Lag": "Tested with 50 mm f/1.4 lens
at EV12, aperture-priority mode at f/5.6. Time between pressing shutter
button and actual exposure is commendably short at 125 ms."

Other Pop Photo time lag test results for comparison:
Canon EOS 1N: 229 ms (doesn't specify Manual Focus or Auto Focus)
Canon EOS Elan IIE: 210.5 ms (specifies this is in MF)
Contax AX: 80 ms in MF, 430 ms in AF
Contax RTS III: 70 ms
Contax G2: 160 ms in MF, 180 ms in AF
Nikon F100: 140 ms (doesn't specify AF or MF)
Nikon F5: 72 ms in MF, 330 ms in AF