Subject: Re: [Leica] digital printing - scan negs or prints?
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 23:31:29 +0200

From: Jean-Claude Berger <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 1999 17:46

> I read this page too. For me, it does not worth anything.

I looked at it as well, and I agree.

> The same guy goes on by saving his pictures in JPEG format
> and reopening the file to work on. A lame advice too, of
> course. Each time you resave a JPEG file, you corrupt the
> picture.

Quite so.  And so anything that needs to be further edited should be stored in a
lossless format.  A lossless format is also preferable for archived images (even
if they will never be further edited), if space permits.  JPEG is okay if the
compression factor is low and if the image will never again be edited at the
same resolution or color depth.

  -- Anthony