Subject: Re: [Leica] R? was: How to manage a camera company?
From: Alexander <mediadyne@hol.gr>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 06:07:08 +0300

> Now, the Leica R camera . . . I've never quite figured that one out.

I know that the R sales are less than the M sales.
I also know that when one (usualy) thinks of Leica, their mind goes to 'M'.
IMHO, the R series could become the 'rescue' for Leica if developed correctly.
The M series has reached what it seems to be an end as far as new developments
go.
I guess you can't go a step beyong perfection?
So, the M6 in its various forms will probably be around forever.
Now, the R series definately can use some help. it has the potential for
becoming a 'perfect' system, that is it can allow Leica to grow.
When will that motor drive come out?

- --
Warm Regards,
Alexander